Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Life of a soldier (Writing task) - MISTAKES

"Thump,Thump,Thump." Every beat of the heart is vital; no beat, no life. I feel it and I hear it all the time; the energetic pounds that allow Jack to think, talk and run. From the day I met you, I've always been with you, my friend. Please don't die here. I want to continue hearing your heart beat. Let's go home together.

The sudden, rapid pounding of (the) his heart takes me by surprise. Panting, gasping, wheezing; my companion runs with the army in the battlefield. Shell after shell; they fly into our pack, whistl (e) ning as thy crush our men. Bullet (s) after bullet (s) ; they shoot across the field. The painful (crys) cries of those shot or bombed surrounds the ground (.) , "Don't hesitate. Keep moving! Keep attacking!", the sergeant scream at the top of his voice. One by one, we stagger, topple and fall. Monster like tanks raid the field, roaring with hunger. They crawl through the ground hastily and monstrously (monsterously).

How is this all (been) being told back home; the sweet, peaceful safety. War is a different side of life compared to (motherland) the motherland. (Do) Does everyone know what's happening? Are the propaganda posters still persuading boys to join the army? No, no, no. I can't think of home. I need to keep wishing that Jack (would) will survive today.

(Suddenly) The bomb explodes near Jack's feet, sending him and rocks flying into the air and crashing upon the wretched ground. His skinny, bony arm lands straight onto a sharp and pointed rock. A low, hideous crack. The beat has now turned into a pelt. The pain is rushing through his arm. Sweat is gushing out of his body. Boots and bloody feet tread on him as the army progresses. Trampled and left alone, his consciousness starts to go. His eyelids start to droop. The (fatique) fatigue has now overpowered him........

"Gas, GAS!", the sergeant howls like a panicked wolf. The soldiers fumble ecstatically and position their masks that were neatly strapped across their belts. Grotesque spider legs slowly reach out from the murder cloud. My fellow friend awoke immediately. He attempts to reach for the mask but his injured arm disables every movement. (Histeria) Hysteria fulfil his mind. The killer legs reach out for Jack. He is losing time. Frozen at the spot, he saw the cloud munch away his right hand. In a blink of an eye, he was completely absorbed by the spider.

Revolting liquid pour out of his mouth. I feel his lungs gasping for air. The broken body quiver and shake. Without any vocal sound, he clutche his chest. He was gone. Forever...

Crying is impossible for me. (Nor) So is laughing. But I have a mind. I'll miss you, Jack. Good bye my friend.

All on my own. I'll continue ticking and tocking ,without the unison of my fellow friend's heart, on this graveyard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment